If you are using ConfigMgr 2012 R2 for OS deployment and have not completed this TechNet Virtual Lab you might be doing it wrong.
This lab will take you through all needed steps to get a rock solid OSD configuration, including all needed tweaks to the default task sequence templates.
Deploying Windows 8.1 with Configuration Manager 2012 R2 and MDT 2013 (Zero Touch)
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9845756 (lab no longer available)
The Hands-on-Lab consists of the following modules
- Exercise 1: Prepare for OS Deployment in ConfigMgr 2012 R2
- Exercise 2: Create a WinPE 5.0 boot image
- Exercise 3: Add operating system images
- Exercise 4: Create an Application in ConfigMgr 2012 R2
- Exercise 5: Add Drivers
- Exercise 6: Create Task Sequences
- Exercise 7: Finalizing the OSD configuration
- Exercise 8: Deploy Windows 8.1 using PXE
In addition to the above section you also learn about new tips and tricks for adding hotfixes, branding, real-time monitoring, integrating with DaRT, and also going behind the scenes to follow what's going on in the log files (great for troubleshooting).
Sample screenshot from the Create Task Sequences exercise, in this step enabling UEFI support.
Happy Deployment / Johan